Anotha one
It's only been a couple days and not a whole lot has happened but here we go. Also I couldn't think of an interesting subject line so sorry
On Sunday I got to introduce myself in sacrament meeting and meet the branch I'm serving in now. It's a pretty small one but filled with some pretty cool people! We had a couple appointments with members this week and went to the Jungen Damen Aktivität. Everyone has been so awesome and I can't wait to get to know them all better!
Since we don't have too too many contacts in our phone, we decided to text all of them and see who would be interested in meeting. We got about halfway through when we realized we had way more than we thought! So we're taking a break from that and focusing on the people we did text cause we actually had quite a few people respond and say they were interested! Hopefully we'll be able to meet with them and maybe make some new friends!
Today we spent the day in Köln and it was pretty epic! We visited the Kölner Dom and went up all of its bajillion stairs. Ok I think it's actually just 500 but it still made my legs a little wobbly. The view from the top was beautiful though and we made sure to take lotttts of pictures. The church inside was also gorgeous! Then we wandered around looking for souvenirs, a Lululemon fanny pack, a centerpiece, a Deutschland shirt, and some Birkenstocks. And all items were found so dubs lol. A very fun and very successful pday
Here's a quote from my personal study this week that I really liked: "Hope is essential to faith; faith is essential to hope; faith and hope are essential to charity. They support one another like legs on a three-legged stool. All three relate to our Redeemer. Faith is rooted in Jesus Christ. Hope centers in his Atonement. Charity is manifest in the 'pure love of Christ.' These three attributes are intertwined like strands in a cable and may not always be precisely distinguished. Together they become our tether to the celestial kingdom."
❤️ Sister Downing
Vroom vroom
Comments
Post a Comment