Still alive lol

Don't worry, I'm still alive, sorry if I spooked ya. My pday was just moved to Saturday this week. So hiiiii

This past week was wiiiiild and so so good! Last weekend was stake conference and we had some sisters overnight with us (which meant some more good food haha). I sang in the ward choir during one session which was terrifying cause I can't sing. Idk who decided that I had to do that but I did and it wasn't totally horrible. Stake conference was filled with lots of good stuff and I was surprised by how much of it I actually understood cause that much churchy German normally breaks my brain. My mission president was at stake conference on Saturday night and told me where I was being transfered to before we were supposed to find out which saved me about an hour and a half of stressing lol. It was soooo hard saying bye to the Unna ward cause they're my first ward and have a very special place in my heart. But I was also stoked to go somewhere new and start that new adventure

Tuesday was transfer day and was mostly spent traveling and starting to settle in. I spent about 5 hours on an assortment on trains all alone! I haven't been alone in a hot sec and it was kinda weird lol. But I finally got to my new area - EUSKIRCHEN!! My new comp is Sister Nielsen and I already love her and my new area so much. She's a total sweetheart, an amazing missionary, and my mission grandma!! So fun! I met our district yesterday and they're a total party. This transfer is going to be so much fun and filled with so much good work. I am so excited! I'm also driving now which is really scary. Driving in Germany is wayyy different from driving at home and it doesn't help when I have the dang TIWI yelling at me for speeding when I am literally parked. That thing is seriously so wack, I can't with it 

And then today was our pday cause we went to the temple with the branch! We did baptisms and confirmations with some of the youth. Going to the temple also meant spending a way long time in the car, but it was soooo worth it!! Growing up with a temple 30 minutes away from my house was such a blessing and I didn't even realize it until here. The temple is such an amazing place to be and being so far from one has made me so much more grateful for them and the amazing work that happens inside

❤️ Sister Downing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book of Mormon: A True Story!!

My mom abandoned me at a train station

A Talk, a Tausch, and a Taufe