"Pray and then kiss him!!" -Sister Prünte

Heyyo! 

I've got like 30 minutes to write this (we had a district pday today where we hung out and played games so I had no time) so this is gonna be rough but whatever. This week has been wild!! Here are some highlights lol

First to update you on the washer situation since I know you're all super concerned about it. We fixed it! Pro tip: check and make sure there isn't a bra pad in the filter! And when you think it's clear, check again cause there just might be another. So yeah that was an adventure but we can do laundry again 🥳 Also we named the washer Rory and we love her now

Another fun adventure was cooking with the member we had a dinner appointment with. For those of you who are familiar with my cooking, let's just say my cooking when all the instructions are in German is even worse! I know that's hard to believe but it's true! I'm now the designated dishwasher lol. This member also gave us some great dating advice (see subject line). "If you want to know if someone is worth dating, pray about it and then just kiss them! Cause then you'll know if you'd want to do it again." She also made sure to say it in English that way I could understand and apply this principle when I get home lol

We made cookies with the Young Women I our ward and it was a blast! They are some of the funniest girls and I love hanging with them. Plus we got to eat some super yummy cookies. We went to a little Christmas concert thing in Münster where my comp said she saw Paisley Harding. Idk if she did and i missed it or if I'm being pranked but I don't she's lying so that's crazy cool, not that many of you even know who Paisley is anyway lol. The concert was beautiful and I got to meet my STLs (Sister Training Leaders) in person. They found out I have trouble waking up when I'm supposed to when we were talking so they called us every morning this week to sing me awake with a Christmas song. They're way fun and care so much about us it's crazy!

We met with a referral we got from the Berlin sisters from a member in Rwanda so we called her and she was super interested! We set up a meeting, talked about the gospel, she asked for two Books of Mormon (she wanted to give one to her friend!), and wants to come to church this week! So awesome!! We got to wear normal people clothes for a service project at an inactive members house and scrubbed mold from lots of window frames with toothbrushes lol! We also spent a day in Siegen and helped the elders out with their street display. We met lots of cool people and ended the night with some caroling.

Anyway I'm running out of time but I love you all and hope you are enjoying the holiday season! A little Christmas-y spiritual thought (stolen from Mrs. Ballard, paraphrased/edited by me lol) before I go though. As we decorate our houses with lights and trees and all that fun stuff, we need to remember to also decorate our hearts with love and service as the birth of our Savior draws nearer! He is the reason for this season and we need to do our best to remember him and to show christlike love to those we encounter.

Tschüss!
Sister Downing

Had to channel all my engineering skills with this shirt to fix our washer

Er ist gestorben

Some Christmas headgear for our floating challenge

I'm not very good at floating lol

Getting set for our zoom training




Post Distriktrat pics

Street contacting in Siegen


First street display

The district + some member missionaries

Fell asleep on the Bahn

DIY headbanz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book of Mormon: A True Story!!

My mom abandoned me at a train station

A Talk, a Tausch, and a Taufe