I met an owl named Fuß 🦉

Heyyo!!

This week we had Zone Konferenz and it was amazing! I definitely needed that spiritual boost and literally every Thema felt like it was meant for me! It was so awesome to see a bunch of other missionaries and hear about how they're doing. We had some sisters overnight with us too which was a total party. Plus Sister Carson, one of the sisters who stayed over, is an amazing cook so we got a GOOD dinner! 

We also had some fire lessons with friends this week. We met with some of our regular friends who always have such hard but good questions. We also met with two brand new friends and got to tell them a little bit about what makes our church different and so so special. As much as teaching stresses me out cause I feel like I never have the words to say what I want (English or German haha), it is magical to see the Spirit at work!!

Some other highlights include the sun coming out for a bit yesterday and playing with Klaus. I had forgotten what echt sunlight felt like and it was glorious to just stand in the sun. The happy lights we have in the apartment just don't do it justice! And then playing with Klaus! He's a three year old in the ward and one of the cutest kids ever. We went over to his house on Sunday and I played with motorcycles with him basically the whole time. He also introduced me to his favorite stuffed animal, an owl named Fuß. I literally feel like I've made it in life! 

One of my favorite parts of Zone Konferenz was a Thema about price vs worth. I know I'm not gonna be able to explain it well but it essentially was about how the world puts different prices on different things, including us, and it's always changing. However the worth that we have is infinite and can't be taken away from us because it comes from God. I'll give y'all the same invitation we got: choose to let God decide your value, not the world. You are all so amazing and I love you!!

❤️ Sister Downing

Also I took zero pictures this week but I have a blurry group photo from ZoKo. So sorry, I'll be better next week. Maybe...

Dortmund Zone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book of Mormon: A True Story!!

My mom abandoned me at a train station

A Talk, a Tausch, and a Taufe